Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube sound problems...

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

YouTube sound problems...

Hi,
Not too sure if this is an YouTube issue but it only appears to manifest itself when I use YouTube...
Now I use YouTube a lot and a couple of days ago found I had no sound, I assumed it was an YouTube problem.  The problem was apparent yesterday again and I suddenly realised that the volume slider at the bottom of the video screen was at the extreme left and there was an X next to the speaker icon, obviously meaning it was turned off.  I moved it to the right and all was well - or so I thought.
The sound was now normal, but as soon as the video stopped playing and I started another the same happened i.e. it defaulted to speaker off.
I've checked all the relevant settings in  'sound and audio devices' and everything appears ok.  The intriguing thing (well for me anyway) is that the problem only appears to affect YouTube.
Any YouTube gurus out there who can put me out of my misery - I've all this unlimited bandwidth to use up  Smiley
John
16 REPLIES 16
Razer
Grafter

Re: YouTube sound problems...

I have the same problem and it began yesterday for me. It just so happens that I updated flash, so it may be connected as I was having other problems. I reverted to a previous version of flash, but the problem was still there and remains. It may also be some quirk (yet another) with YT itself, streaming became near on impossible, so I gave up.
PNnewbie
Rising Star

Interesting. 
The first thing i though was an update gone wrong but I don't think I've updated anything in the last few days.  I did a system restore to a point a couple of days back but the problem remains.  A Skype screen came up a couple of days ago for no apparent reason and I just killed it, don't think that would have been connected in any way.
There are lots of references to YT sound problems but they all relate to no sound with the speaker on and the volume up, not with the thing actually defaulting to off.  Maybe someone else will have some ideas....
J
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Same sound issue here last couple of days.
Thought it was just me.
Edit: Just checked and it seems ok today.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

same issue but all other "sound" OK (audio, avi, iPlayer). Put it down to YT, and ignored  YT until this thread.  Thanks
Razer
Grafter

The problem is known to YT Clicky. Not that I'd bank on it actually being sorted 'soon' as I've had the same person say the same to me with another YT problem some weeks ago that remains. We'll see.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

YouTube's fine here.
PNnewbie
Rising Star

Thanks guys.
So it would  'appear'  to be a YT problem.
Still playing up here 10:45 this morning (Sat'day)...ah well I can always go and watch F1...
J
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Me, too.    Been like that since this morning.... have just finished a Windows install, so I know it ain`t nowt to do with windows or my progs.. ! ..
` s funny really, cos it used to annoy me that the vids always used to come out at full volume, and that annoyed me !...
Perhaps this is as a result of many complaints from users of that... and now they have gone the other way... (posssibly no "middle" setting for them !)...
#
Still does it on "first" vid.... tho if I choose another from the side selection, that seems to play at the volume I set for the first one...
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

No problem here but what is really winding me up with youtube is when I switch to full screen the bl**dy video stops playing and buffering. When I go back to normal by hitting ESC, it carries on  Angry
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite

When I go back to normal by hitting ESC, it carries on  Angry

try clicking on the "screen" bottom right corner of "full screen"...  should return you to the small screen without buffering. (does for me! )
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Thats not the issue for me mate, the issue is that when I switch to full screen the bl**dy video stops and it's really winding me up!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
redsetter
Grafter

i have this in the last few days,however the sound records on downloads'. it turned out each visit has the sound muted., the speaker X bar has to be dragged then it is fine.
shutter
Community Veteran

Seems to be back to normal now..... with the sound on full volume when you open a track...
Razer
Grafter

Aye, it is for me too. Meanwhile on forum, wait an eternity for your thread with attachments to actually get posted. At this rate I could watch a couple of YT videos, muted or not.