Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another bit of info from AAISP

nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Yet another bit of info from AAISP

Sorry to repeat if this has been posted elsewhere (I can't find it!) but this is also interesting...  posted yesterday on AAISP status..
"BT fault handling has always been bad, and even more so of late. It has got to the stage that BT's apparently random fault repair actions are actually being disruptive. It seems that reporting even a minor fault has a serious risk that the service could be totally broken for many days.
The action in this case seems to us to be clear evidence that the BT staff did not read the notes, did not read their own test results and do not have have a basic understanding of how ADSL works. Sadly this is not an isolated incident. With recent fault reports for some large scale congestion issues with have literally hundreds of examples of responses from BT that vary from just plain stupid to blatant lies. I appreciate that this is a public forum and accusations of lying are serious, but we have ample evidence to back this up. We have lots of statements by BT staff that are simply untrue and are repeated even after we have provided details to show that they are untrue.
This appauling state of affairs has to change. We have been working closely with BT for some time in many areas, but this is the one area that we are focusing on over the coming months. It is a serious problem for all ISPs but we want to help BT get this right. Thankfully our BT account team are keen to work with us to try and resolve this - but it is going to take some time. A start to the process is to try and ensure seniour management in BT understand how serious this is getting, hence this posting.
I know other ISPs read this, and I hope you too are contacting BT over the level of issues you see with fault repair. I'm happy to discuss this at the next ISP forum with other ISPs. As an industry we cannot really put up with this any longer".

It would be interesting to know whether PN is making this kind of representation to BT. Any comments?
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Yet another bit of info from AAISP

What's the betting that Plusnet are ordered by their owners to say at the next ISP forum that they are having no particular problems?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Yet another bit of info from AAISP

We'd have nothing to gain by denying the existence of a problem jelv. AFAIK the responses we've been receiving from BTw are no worse (or better) than they have been over recent months.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵