Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox 360 disconnecting hub one

FIXED
misterbaker
Hooked

Xbox 360 disconnecting hub one

Had Plusnet for about a year now. No problems. I while ago I used my Xbox 360 for the first time in a while and every time i turn it on the router light turns orange and internet goes off. This has never happened before. I have a 360 and Xbox one and phone connected to the router. I've tried disconnecting everything else but the Xbox 360 but still the same problem. Tried wired connection same problem. In the hub manager there doesent seem to be an ip or Mac conflict and I disabled DHCP but no change. I noticed the last time the hub was updated was August and this could be around the time this started happening. I had no problems playing 360 for the first half of last year and when I turned it on lately I have this problem.
6 REPLIES 6
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Xbox 360 disconnecting hub one

The router is not connecting to the internet - its nothing to do with what you plug into it.

(I assume you have DHCP turned ON).

You need to raise a fault with Plusnet, mentioning the orange light problem.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

misterbaker
Hooked

Thanks for replying. Internet is fine usually. It's only when I turn my Xbox 360 on which isn't very often. I usually use my Xbox one with no problems. Everything else connects fine. As soon as i press the Xbox button the orange light on the router comes on for a bit, goes blue then back to orange if whatever game I'm using performs an internet related action for example "searching for online game data"
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Fix

It's probably a faulty power transformer on the Xbox; could you have a replacement for the original one?  It will use a switched-mode power supply and if this is not correctly filtered it will inject a large amount of high frequency "noise" onto your mains.  This will find its way onto your router and drown-out the broadband signal.  If your router can connect at all whilst the Xbox is on it will do so at a much reduced line rate   

misterbaker
Hooked

Do you mean the "power brick"?
misterbaker
Hooked

I just checked it and the plug had been pulled out slightly so I pushed it back in and turned the Xbox on and for the first time the router stayed on! Thank you it seemed that was the problem. I would never have thought that could interfere with the broadband.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Xmas tree lights are notorious for interfering with broadband for the same reason.  The power transformer ("brick") uses switched-mode power electronics and the cheap and cheerful ones don't do a good enough job of suppressing the high frequency noise that these generate.  I don't see why a loose plug would cause a problem but it seems I pointed you in the right direction.