Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XP emails to Vista Home Premium

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: XP emails to Vista Home Premium

@ Strat......... "Go fetch me a apple from the barrel, lad, sit `e down, an` I tell `e a story...."
SWMBO had a laptop from Evesham, via QVC tv channel about 18 months ago, (just before Evesham went bust ! !).
was a bit temperemental from the start, but I put that down to the way she uses it, and vista home basic.... (the two operating systems were often not compatible with each other)  Cheesy
About three weeks ago, she complained she could smelll burning, and saw a little puff of smoke come from the vents ! ! Undecided
After about 15 minutes, the screen went black, and never lit up again!.... the local PC guru declared it was a Mobo fault, and not worth repairing, as it was a very vague mobo supplier, .... So, Unbeknown to SWMBO, I ordered a new lalptop from Dell.... when I told her it was on its way, a couple of days later, she hit the roof, saying it should be her decision as it was a personal thing choosing a computer.... (like she chose a good one last time???)
Anway after the flak died down, and flags of peace were exchanged.... I announced that as she didn`t want the one I ordered, I would have it, and sell my old one , and my old fuji camera, to help pay for it !..... she agreed !!!.....
next day, she suggested that she would take over my old Dell laptop, and I could transfer all her photos etc to it when the new one arrived!......
I bought a new 160 gb HDD (she has over 8,000 pics) and started by installing her copy of vista on it , then transferring all her files...
New laptop is MINE ! ! ! ... Yippee... Couldn`t have worked it better if I had tried ! ! ! Grin  Grin Grin