cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XP Update Blues

God
Grafter

XP Update Blues

Well, as I sit here watching a new XP SP2c build update itself with 94 updates (83 High Priority) I must admit to getting rather fed up with (a) the wait and (b) my wasted bandwidth (about 200mb).
Now I know some folks have all these files hoarded and either apply them locally or slip stream them in to new install packages.
I would be quite happy to do either if I could find an easy way of harvesting them from XP.
Having done a quick search for one of the KB numbers they seem so be spread around rather than sitting neatly in the same directory. Is there any easy way to collect these together or a better solution?
4 REPLIES 4
ed
Grafter

Re: XP Update Blues

I had my SP2 cupplied by PC Plus on a cover disc  Grin
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I run WSUS on our 2003 server and most of the stockpiled patches and updates have been superceded and are therefore useless.
The database grows weekly and as yet I have discovered no way of clearing out the rubbish.
...........unless of course you know different  Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This site had the combined downloads for autopatcher last time I checked http://downloads.littlbuger.info/index.php?dlid=678
God
Grafter

Ah well, service pack 3 eventually I suppose!