Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wth? , suggestions?

FIXED
crypto_sloth
Rising Star

Wth? , suggestions?

Hi peeps, I got 2 pics screenshot from LANScanHD App on iOS(iPad Pro running iOS 10.2).

These open port messages remain a mystery and I've had a vpn active from the second my wifi went live so it's not like it's interrupting something. Especially the message in pic#2. Anyone w answers , most grateful. No I'm not a n00b but rn I'm limited to iPad Pro rather than my laptop which I left , with all essential parts removed, when I left my last town down south. Pics enclosed, sensible answers gratefully received.|Edit|The Green tick leads to Hub manager , the Red X leads to the bizarre warning.||.Pic 1Pic 1Pic 2Pic 2

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wth? , suggestions?

Fix

@crypto_sloth - I don’t think there is anything to worry about here, considering this scan was done on the LAN side. Port 139 is used for Windows host addressing, 443, 8080 and 8443 will be the alternate HTTP/HTTPS ports used for the Web UI of the router for when you have a need to use the original port yourself. Port 445 have you turned on the routers’ internal LDAP server, used to ‘advertise’ network resources to the LAN clients?

As for error in pic two, and tells me that the certificate is expecting you to use a named URL like http://local.host, or http://router or whatever was offered to you when it (the router) was configured. Have a look at the manual and it should give you the correct name. If you use that chances are the ‘error’ will go away.

LukeAger
Grafter

139 & 445 together provide SMB shares so you'll find you probably have a share available on that machine. Presuming the device at the IP in questions is a windows box you could take a look at what is being shared using \\IP or \\IP\C$. 

So long as it asks you to authenticate it's probably not an issue within a LAN but if you can access without providing credentials, you'll want to fix that. 

crypto_sloth
Rising Star

Hi mate, thx for ur reply. I asked an infamous hacker(w0rmer from Cabin Cr3w; google him lol) in the usa for advice n showed him the screenshots. I'm on iPad Pro and he knows that and assured me all was ok as it was just the iOS device doing wat iOS does, lmao. But he said ifvthe message changes, the wolfs at the door. Thanks anyway, have a good one
crypto_sloth
Rising Star

Hi bud,
Just got ur msg. I accidentally pressed Fixed instead of reply , *facepalm*. That's interesting, I spoke to a us guy who spent 2 yrs in prison for hacking police officers address , email (dox'd 100+ LAPD police) ; w0rmer from cabin cr3w , google him lol. Il try ur method tho thanks man 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't send a message! But I do think you can undo the 'Fix' or ask a Mod to do it for you.

crypto_sloth
Rising Star

That's bloody odd lol cuz I've sent a screengrab of part of ur message. Oh well 😂Have a good day, sorry to disturb u
crypto_sloth
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was system generated when you (fat fingered) the Fixed button. When you said "just got ur msg" I thought you'd meant I'd sent you a private message, hence my "I didn't send a messsage!"

Hope that makes sense.

crypto_sloth
Rising Star

Il keep ur fix mate, it was helpful and could b the fix. I'm away from my device and at someone's house so thnx