Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksheet linked with another one

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Worksheet linked with another one

See attachment. I have tried deleting everything un needed that I thought might be casing problem and re-saving the worksheet in a different name.
How then do I disable the link, seeing as I do not know what it was and have no idea where to find it? Silly me for not making a note, but I am entitled to senior moments as a bus pass holder Embarrassed Wink
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
12 REPLIES 12
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Re: Worksheet linked with another one

Have a look here
Luzern
Hero

Went there but can see no reference to a "break link* button. Also the link is no more, the shortcut and file having been deleted and emptied from recycle bin, cptr also restarted. Still the waning appears. What next; any ideas?
Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of previous post. : link:rules
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It's a very long time since I had to do this sort of thing but if you go to Tools then Formula Auditing you have a number of trace commands which may help
Luzern
Hero

Can only find "Auditing" and there any reference to links seems only to cover links within the worksheet, but not to other worksheets.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

This is what it should look like if you select a cell and then click on Trace Precedents where the link is to another workbook
Oldjim
Resting Legend

There is a better way.
Open the workbook then click on edit then links and you should get this
Luzern
Hero

Re screen shot...problem is that my verssion does npt have the Break Links option.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Which version are you using - I should have asked before  Embarrassed -this was with Office 2003
Do you actually see the link in the window
Update - just tried Office 97 and it doesn't include that option but you can select "open source" which will tell you which worksheet it is trying to link to and may allow you to find the offending link
Luzern
Hero

2000. I will send a shot later.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You could also try this http://support.microsoft.com/?id=188449
Luzern
Hero

shot attached
Luzern
Hero

Found a prog called FindLink,  by Bill Manville, and after some hiccoughs managed to get the links cancelled. In the end it was quite easy.
Thanks for helps. Smiley