cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Works suite2001 or Works 9 student and home

royandlou

Works suite2001 or Works 9 student and home

I have just bought a new laptop, all working okay.
I have Works suite 2001, from my previous laptop, which did all the things I wanted (mainly letters). Do I really need to buy a new Microsoft works 9 home and student (cheapest I could find)  as it just seems a bit of a waste of money.
Will I be able to reload the Works suite 2001 onto my new laptop and will it work okay?
Many thanks
Loulou
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Works suite2001 or Works 9 student and home

Poll removed as I think it was a mistake. I have also moved it into the Windows Board
Do you have an install disk and licence key for Works 2001 - if you have it should be possible.
However why not try Open Office as it will do everything you want and more. It will also save the files in a format other people can read easily http://www.openoffice.org/
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Works suite2001 or Works 9 student and home

I wouldn't bother with Works at all. It uses file formats that are not compatible with anything else, which can be a real pain when Works users try to email a document to someone else and they can't open it!
Like Oldjim said, try Openoffice - it is a complete office suite that uses various standard file formats. Best of all is the cost - zero!