cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wordpress for Dummies!!

Jimmytee

Wordpress for Dummies!!

We have a domain in Plusnet which re-directs to another domain hosted elsewhere . The "elsewhere" was developed using Wordpress. I have been given the task of enabling Wordpress to be used directly to the webspace on Plusnet. I have had a look at various posts but its all a little bit low level. I need a nice step by step guide which will enable me to use Wordpress to develop our site directly on Plusnet (at the same time maintaing the re-direct until such time as we are ready with the new site)

Any takers ?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Wordpress for Dummies!!

Welcome to the forums @Jimmytee .

Two things: I don't think Wordpress works with PN domains, but someone who knows more about the subject will probably confirm or deny that.

I am also going to ask the mods to move this to Tech Help, where you will have more chance of an informed answer.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Two things: I don't think Wordpress works with PN domains, but someone who knows more about the subject will probably confirm or deny that.

It won't work on the standard webspace BUT if you've got an account with legacy CGI space then it should work there I THINK

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jimmytee

And how would I know if I had legacy CGI ?

If I don't then I need to transfer the domain BUT can I still keep my email addresses on PN even though the domain/site is hosted elswhere?

Remember its says Dummies!!!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm sure if you had a legacy CGI account you would know.

can I still keep my email addresses on PN even though the domain/site is hosted elswhere?

Nope, I'm afraid not, the domain must be hosted by Plusnet for them to provide email for the domain.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.