Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word to PDF to Kindle

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Word to PDF to Kindle

Is it possible to download something into word, convert it to PDF and then transfer it to your Kindle ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
7 REPLIES 7
Waldo
Grafter

Re: Word to PDF to Kindle

Connect the kindle to your PC via USB and it'll show up as a mass storage device in your file manager; drag and drop the PDF into the Documents folder on the kindle.
hulls
Grafter

But that doesn't convert the Word document to PDF.  There are a number of online routes to convert Word to PDF.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

There are many e-reader style tablet style formats.
If you are unlucky, you are using the betamax version.
The kindle uses a propriety format...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-book_formats#Supporting_platforms

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Waldo
Grafter

Quote from: hulls
But that doesn't convert the Word document to PDF.

I don't use Word (or Windows); I'd use the 'export as PDF' option in LibreOffice.
If Word doesn't have something similar I guess the likes of doPDF which installs as a virtual printer driver should work for every application which has a print function.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

You don't need any of that, Amazon does it for you.  Cool
RTFM as they say.  Wink
Just email a word document as an attachment to the kindle. It will be converted automatically (as are many formats).
Free Transfer of Personal Documents
If you would like to transfer your personal documents to your Kindle for free, you can send attachments to "name"@free.kindle.com to be converted and e-mailed to your computer at the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.co.uk account log-in. You can then transfer the document to your Kindle using your USB connection.
For example, if your Kindle e-mail address is Jay@Kindle.com, send your attachments to Jay@free.kindle.com.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

HPsauce,
I Think your answer is the best and easiest solution.
Thanks
We are born into history and history is born into us.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm also pretty sure you can email documents directly to the Kindle bypassing the PC connection as long as it's WiFi connected.
(sure I did that to SWMBO's not long ago, just can't recall the detail, but it was pretty simple)
Edit.
Yes, just use the email method and "approve" the sending email address in your Kindle account (required whatever transfer method you use) then connect your Kindle to t'internet via WiFi and the document automagically arrives.
Simples!  Grin Grin Grin