Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word 2003 Question

Tsonga
Grafter

Word 2003 Question

Hiya!
I use Word 2003 and I can't find how to get rid of personal information in Properties, such as Revision Number and Edit Time, Date Created, Date Last Saved. Does anybody know how to go about it?
Many Thanks!  Smiley
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Word 2003 Question

i am using Vista so this may not work in XP.
Right Click on the file in Windows Explorer and select properties then details and you should see something like this. Click on Remove Properties and Personal Information
Borty46
Dabbler

Tsonga
Grafter

Thank you very much indeed for your help. Neither option works unfortunately!  Sad
Any more ideas?
Denzil
Grafter

I haven't got Office 2003 to try, and there may be simpler ways for all I know, but I have done something similar before which worked. It is quite involved, so I leave it up to you if you want to try it!
Open the file in OpenOffice
Save as filename.odt
Rename filename.odt to filename.zip
Unzip filename.zip and you will see a set of .xml files
Open meta.xml in Notepad and change the names
Save meta.xml
Zip all the unzipped files back together as filename2.zip
Rename filename2.zip to filename2.odt
Open filename2.odt in Openoffice as save as filename.doc
Having OpenOffice installed it was simple enough at the time to do what I wanted and change the author entry in the document. If anyone knows a less complex method then feel free to speak up Smiley
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Quote from: BlueRhizome
I use Word 2003 and I can't find how to get rid of personal information....

Just a wild idea but typing "personal information" in Help seems to give a way to do this.  It's cunningly called "Remove personal or hidden information "
Tsonga
Grafter

Denzil, Thanks very much for this. I think I would rather go for the quicker option of copying and pasting the whole document onto a fresh page, if there is no better solution. But I appreciate your help!  Smiley
Nick, Thanks too. I tried Help for quite a while before posting on the forum. Nothing seems to work!  Cry
Anyway, it's no big deal, I just wondered if there was an obvious way of getting rid of that information. I am a bit of a workaholic and I don't like people knowing how much time I spend editing my work and what time it was when I last saved it!  Embarrassed