cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless with laptop and desktop

Not applicable

Wireless with laptop and desktop

Have just set up a wireless connection (Sky) on a Vista laptop for my friend and it is working OK.
She also has an XP desktop connected to the Netgear router by ethernet.
Question is, is it possible for both to work together? At the moment it is either/or but not together.
5 REPLIES 5
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Wireless with laptop and desktop

In what way is it either/or?
Both should run simultaneously without any specific further work.  Shocked
Not applicable

I took the ethernet cable out of the desktop to use it to set up the laptop, got it working then put the ethernet cable back into the desktop. The connection to the laptop then went down.  However, it happened when I wasn't there so maybe there is something that they didn't mention.
Your information that it should work OK is good - now I know this, I can have another go myself tomorrow so thank you very much for that.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Admitted on XP, but I have two laptops, one on Wireless, the other Ethernet (no wifi on board and USB playing up)  no trouble, and getting over 6M
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I am on a 1mb connection, I have a laptop running XP, my wife has a laptop running vista, and we had a chinese student staying last week, probably running XP on his laptop..... all three on the same wireless router.....all at the same time..... no problems.... Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

My first thought was static IPs and a conflict but I wait and see the outcome.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine