Did you mean: 

Wireless hotspots and Plusnet

hartgroves

Wireless hotspots and Plusnet

Just for information....
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Ask the Support Team Your Question]
[Additional Information]
Hi - with the huge increase in Openzone wireless hotspots and ownership of smartphones, isn't it about time that Plusnet included access to them as part of the subscription? Although I have been with PN since 2005, I'm considering a move away because of this issue. Is there any chance that you will be moving forward on this front?

link:csa removed - CSC Analyst
2:20pm, Monday 16 Apr 2012Dear Mr Hartgroves,
Thank you for your query. We are aware of the increasing demand in Wireless Hotspots, this is something that we are currently looking into. There is no definitive answer as to whether or not this is an approach that we are going to take, so please do bear with us whilst we look into this internally. If we do decide to take this approach we will be making an announcement as we do when we have any breaking news regarding the company. I hope this helps you with your query.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
link:csa removed

[Sms Message: Plusnet: A member of our Support Team have responded to your question.]
adie:red CSA name removed as per link:rules]
4 REPLIES 4
itsme
Grafter

Re: Wireless hotspots and Plusnet

PN use to offer BT Openzone but because of the very low usage it was withdrawn 2/3 years ago. I use to have a PAYG Openzone account.
Are you aware of the different Openzone accounts? There are Openzone, Openzone-H and BTFon the first is the only one that has to be paid for. The others can be used free of charge if you join www.fon.com ; Also visit www.btfon.com
petertuson
Grafter

My ISP used to be BT.
As such I had access to BT Openzone and BT Fon. I found that in practice, I never used it so wasn't something I was looking for when changing ISP.
On the very rare occasions that I thought about using I found that I had forgotten how to.
Also my daughter complains about wifi access to her router in her flat and I find that much of the wifi slot are used up by BT routers providing BT Openzone and BT Fon.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

A lot of the time you can find free places anyway, such as Starbucks and McDonalds even John Lewis and Debenhams are now providing free WiFI access.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pippindog

WiFi access when out and about is becoming increasingly important to me.
It is very frustrating that my laptop finds numerous BTFON hotspots that as a PN user I am unable to access.
As a long-term (almost from launch) Free-Online customer  am I going to move providers or do I play the waiting game in the hope that PN (a BT subsidiary) will introduce a similar scheme?
Customer/Provider loyalty is a two-way street!