Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless headphones

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Wireless headphones

I bought a pair of wireless headphones
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291635852400?euid=09d8e714814b4a40a93794a17c0418de&cp=1&exe=12792&ext=3258...
Which, seemed to be a "reasonable" product for the price... 40mm speakers should have given good sound quality.

however, although they were "found" and "Installed" by my laptop... and the "voice" "power on" & "power off" were audible, when I tried to play a music video on my laptop, the sound level was abysmal.... with the laptop, and GOM player, both showing 100% or "max" volume... I could hardly hear the music.  ( if I have my wired phones connected 50% volume is just about starting to hurt my ears,... )
Yes, I did use the volume control on the phones and assume that "hardly hear" was the max that the volume control would give me.
the headphones cost me just under £20.00 ..... am I expecting too much  ? 
Any recommendations/specifications  would be appreciated.  ( limit to £40 )
9 REPLIES 9
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Wireless headphones

Unfortunately its the Wireless headphones  Lips_are_sealed  unless you get a decent make you will get same result , or return to wired headphones.
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Mav
Fixes: 514

Do the Bluetooth headphones have their own volume control in the Volume Mixer (right-click on the Task bar speaker icon and select 'Open Volume Mixer)? If so, does that need adjusting?
Edit: I have a pair of Sony DR-BTN200 headphones that work brilliantly on my Laptop (don't have Bluetooth on my PC), phone and tablet.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran

@ Mav.... yes, done all the adjustments on volume controls...  Only way I can get decent volume is to connect via the wire !..
Have contacted the seller, and they are going to refund me....... bonus... I don`t have to send them back ! ! ! .. Cheesy
(which indicates to me, that they knew they were rubbish, anyway ! ! !... )
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Could be worse, my Turtle Beach PX3 wireless headset has this "feature" that mutes all sounds when things get a bit quiet, so quiet music, tense gaming where you need to hear what's going on, and just chatting to people in general is screwed over... Roll_eyes
So I went back to my wired headset... Grin
shutter
Community Veteran

UPDATE !....
Went to PC world, after doing some research on the net... only to be told that the one`s I fancied on the net, are not available in the stores ! ! ... doh!..
Was looking at "bluetooth" on the shelf, when a very ( unfortunately ) chatty motormouth assistant came to me.. and showed me a couple of alternatives using FM transmitter... 
One thing I was looking for,was the largest size "speakers" in the headphones, to give good quality music reproduction... a couple of the "lesser" priced were also lesser sized .. so I eventually went for these...
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/audio-and-headphones/headphones/sony-mdr-rf811rk-wireless...
And I am very pleased with them.... although they look heavy, they are quite light on the head.. don`t "clamp" the ears.. and the music quality is really good.    They needed 16 hours on charge for the initial charge,  but can be used on AAA batteries if needed.. 
twocvbloke mentions his phones have an auto mute... so do these, .. after about 4 mins of silence.. according to the instruction sheet.. but that won`t affect me.. cos I am always listening to music when they are on my head.. 
The FM transmitter needs to be plugged into the mains, and has three wires to it.  1. Power  2.  Charge the phones  3. input to the transmitter (this is connected to the computer headphone socket).. so there are some "cable issues"...but the quality of sound is worth giving some thought to a permanent place for the transmitter, and routing the cables so they are not intrusive/untidy.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Nice Choice  Cool cant go far wrong with Sony
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Mav
Fixes: 514

Agreed...
I bought a cheep (circa £20) off eBay last year which were absolute rubbish. The Sony ones I linked to above are brilliant. Great sound, very light and comfortable and also have an auto cut-out after a period of silence.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've used Sony headphones in domestic and semi-pro applications for years and always been satisfied with the quality.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Quote from: shutter
twocvbloke mentions his phones have an auto mute... so do these, .. after about 4 mins of silence.. according to the instruction sheet.. but that won`t affect me.. cos I am always listening to music when they are on my head.. 

Mine are more a 4 seconds of low-volume audio auto-mute, which really gets annoying, especially if there's a bit of a gap between music tracks, which there usually is with pretty much every album in the world, the only thing they're reasonably good for is radio where they never shut up s the auto-mute barely kicks in...