cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless goes of internet stops

BenG
Grafter

Wireless goes of internet stops

hi, I had a problem for quite a while now with my laptop, well since we moved to our new house I have no room in my Bed Room for my desktop, so I have been on my laptop in the dinning room, anyway this is the problem sometimes when I am loading pages in Fire fox the internet will stop, this lasts for about 30 seconds then comes back. At first I thought umm maybe the internet is going down or something wrong with the router. But my dad’s internet is fine. I even checked on my phone and it was working. So i guess it's this laptop but I have no idea what is causing it any ideas.
It not a big problem but I have lost one or two downloads because of no server resume. I also noticed it when playing games giving players an easy change to frag you Sad anyway thanks for reading any ideas will be great full.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Wireless goes of internet stops

What make laptop ?
I had a new Dell 6 months or so ago which used to drop the connection regularly - ended up sending it back for a refund as it couldn't maintain a connection.
You could try a cheap wireless dongle and see if that helps ?
BenG
Grafter

It's a Packard Bell, I got a spare netgear dongle in the house somewere so I may try that.
picbits
Rising Star

If it has Bluetooth, try disabling that first to see if it helps - I've seen a few conflicts recently which has caused wifi dropouts when bluetooth has been enabled (my Dell included)
Dobby

May be worth considering a wireless channel change if that hasn't already been attempted. Round me there are several routers with the auto channel switching which can be a bit of a headache some evenings. Best to try it with and ethernet port available in case the channel is worse than the former.
If it's the Technicolor that you're using, the guide is here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-wireless.shtml
Dobby
BenG
Grafter

Thanks for the replys anyway tried looking for my old dongle but can;t find it unless it gone out with the rubish when we moved or someone has moved it witch is the case with a lot of things you put something down and it goes. I may try some Cat5. I am not sure what this Bluetooth is never herd of it before.