cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Routers in or out of stock?

lukeowen

Wireless Routers in or out of stock?

Hi there,
I signed up for Plus.net a week or two ago now and gather that my line's been activated for broadband but I'm still waiting for my hardware (I've chosen the free wireless router (on condition I don't cancel within twelve months, etc)). On Monday they told me it'd be with me on Tuesday or Wedesday. On Wednesday they told me it'd be later this week or early next. Yet all of them were strangely vague about whether or not Plus.net actually has any of the routers in stock at the moment, or not.
Do you guys have the routers in stock at the moment, and when can I expect to get a hold of my router? My account name is the same as my screenname on this forum.
Luke
12 REPLIES 12
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Wireless Routers in or out of stock?

Luke,
Routers came in stock today. I would expect your hardware to be with you early next week. once you have it, give me a shout and I'll apply a refund/discount
to your account for the days you've been without it.
Sorry for the hassle.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

lukeowen

Lovely, thanks. Much obliged.
I've just read elsewhere that it's a BT modem. Hah. BT took seven weeks to install my phone line and now have taken two weeks to get the modem for you guys to send to me.
Yay BT. Ugggg.
JimP

Quote from: Bob
Luke,
Routers came in stock today. I would expect your hardware to be with you early next week. once you have it, give me a shout and I'll apply a refund/discount
to your account for the days you've been without it.
Sorry for the hassle.

Hopefully be sent one soon then as it still says awaiting processing on my order
Any news????Huh
James
Grafter

Jim,
We're in stock of HG1800's (4 port wireless).
We're awaiting a rework of 2091's as we have been since October, expected today/tomorrow.  We've been sending out 2110's to Option 2 customers because of this!
JimP

Excellent shouldn't be too long now then
Thanks
MarkR

7 weeks! Ouch, it's been 2 weeks and I'm ready to call in a air strike on BT  Wink
Hope mine is installed and running soon and PlusNet has a router for me once the line is active.
Quote from: lukeowen
Lovely, thanks. Much obliged.
I've just read elsewhere that it's a BT modem. Hah. BT took seven weeks to install my phone line and now have taken two weeks to get the modem for you guys to send to me.
Yay BT. Ugggg.
mike1066

Yes I have had my phone line active for 2 weeks now and I am sick of holding one for the free router so I brought my own.
So come on plusnet sort your self out please.  I was told you were a good IP so while I you leeting pople down the the routers
James
Grafter

Hi Mike & everyone else.
Here's an internal post updating us on the latest situation:
2110 Customers should receive hardware tomorrow, the 2110 is now end of life and we will not be receiving anymore of these. 2091s started to come in yesterday and we should hopefully start seeing these go out either today or tomorrow, i need to arrange it with the warehouse that all older orders are sent out first.

&
Just to let you know, the 210 and 2091s shouldn't go out of stock until April now, the remaining stock thats in the warehouse is in a frozen state and only plusnet can unfreeze them for customer use. The 1800HG stock is expected to run out in around 2 months time and we are looking for further stock to replace this with.
We've had alot meetings in the last couple of weeks with various Hardware suppliers regarding future hardware for Plusnet and maaf, these meetings have been really positive and once we've chosen a new supplier, it will solve alot of stock issues that we've seen by using BT stock.
If you have any questions regarding delays or future stock please jabber me or a member of the Products team and I'll gladly help.

There'll be some more news regarding Hardware Supplier in my Plans for 2008 post in the next couple of weeks.
Teds31
Grafter

Have we got the news of the hardware supplier yet James.My B in L still awaits his router.
James
Grafter

Hi Ted,
Which product was this on?
If it is option 2 we've had a recent issue where Northallerton managed to accidentally delete our order requests, although these should be received either tomorrow or Friday.
They're moving as quckly on this as they can as they're aware of the problems that they are causing both us and our new customers.
Teds31
Grafter

Hi James Sorry for the late reply but I've been busy fixing up B in Ls router which came yesterday,thanks for your help,it turned out the reason for the delay was PN was waiting for the P&P charge but as the B in L did not have a E-mail connection he did'nt know,everything now sorted,I might add that it was dead simple just a few minutes really all fixed and running on wireless connection.
  Thanks again,  Ted
beckiegubu

I'm also waiting for my wireless router  Sad
I've been told it was dispatched on the 12th Feb, given a tracking number that didn't seem to exist so I rang up the customer services on Monday night and was told that another one will be dispatched and I should receive it in the next couple of days, sent a ticket this afternoon asking for confirmation of dispatch to be told that it's still awaiting processing!
Can someone tell me when I expect to see my router? All I would like is a straight answer instead of being felt like I'm being 'fobbed off' all the time. My username is the same as my login name here.
Thanks