cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Mouse question

Javert
Grafter

Wireless Mouse question

I have a MS Wireless Keyboard + Mouse (“500”) which I’ve had for 3-4 months and already some of the letters (5 so far!) have disappeared from the keys - I do quite a lot of typing! I’m planning getting a Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard - as the letters/numbers are ‘laser etched’.  My question is - would my MS Wireless Mouse work with the “Logitech unifying receiver’? 
John
7 REPLIES 7
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Wireless Mouse question

Doubtful. Interoperability has never been high on M$ agenda.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

For what it`s worth..... if you are "splashing out on a new keyboard.... and have doubts about your existing wireless mouse.... why not splash out on a Logitech wireless mouse to match the keyboard ?  can`t be £1000000000000 `s of .... can it ?  Smiley
cajef
Grafter

If you are going to pay that much why not go for the Logitech MK710 which is a keyboard/mouse combination, I have had one for three years now and the keys still look like new after pretty heavy use.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-Desktop-MK710-Keyboard/dp/B0037KLSR4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Javert
would my MS Wireless Mouse work with the “Logitech unifying receiver’? 

No.  The "unifying receiver" works across a range of recent Logitech products but does not work with older Logitech products or those from other manufacturers.
NedLudd
Grafter

Could be a bad keyboard.
I've had an MS wireless keyboard ("1000") and mouse for ages now - at least 4 years, and none of the keys show any sign of wear on the characters.
At only 5 months old your kit is hardly "fit for purpose" and I'd be taking it back to the retailer and demanding a replacement. Remember, up to 6 months you don't have to prove anything. Faults are assumed to have been there since day one!
Geoff,
York.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

BTW I have been using a M$ Natural Internet keyboard for about 8 years with no wear on the letters.
As has been said return it for a replacement.
Javert
Grafter

I’d just like to “defend” myself! Roll_eyes  and say that my question was not due to me trying to save money - I asked simply to find out if my existing Mouse would work with the new keyboard set up; if not, I’m happy to replace with a Logitech one.  No probs!  So, I’ve ordered the K800 - and a Logitech mouse!
Re the comments from owners of MS Keyboards - I’d have to pack and  send the item away, etc - too much faffing around.  I’ve taken the easy option!  Smiley
Thanks for the comments - much appreciated!
john