cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Lan Adaptor for Blue Ray player

jen
Dabbler

Wireless Lan Adaptor for Blue Ray player

Buying a Blue Ray Player that has wifi connection...says i need a wireless lan adapter to access online TV/Facebook etc...anyone know will the Router i'm using  from PlusNet the Thompson TG585 V7  be compatible ?
Edit:  this is what i was looking at
http://skinflint.co.uk/a421871.html
Don't think i explained very well above  Undecided      A friend has a Netgear router and when they use the adapter on the player the  wireless connection on their laptops keeps dropping...was wondering if somehow the adapter could be interfering with the Netgear router!
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Wireless Lan Adaptor for Blue Ray player

HI jen,
There's no reason why your wireless adapter won't work with the thomson, we don't have problems with PC's using them or indeed the likes of xbox, ps3 and ipod etc.
Jojo Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's a little more than a wireless adaptor but I use the exact same unit on my Samsung TV with no problems.
Just needs configuring on-screen to connect to your router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jen
Dabbler

Ok...thanks...I've tried on and off for the last couple of weeks and just can't get this to recognise the wireless signal.
Exchanged the adapter thinking it was faulty but no go !!!
Given up on the wireless connection now  Sad      so just run a 'wired' connection from router to player whenever connections wanted.