cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Help PLEASE!!!!

skintlizzy

Wireless Help PLEASE!!!!

Hi - I've been trying for 4 days to get a wireless connection so now I'm turning to you for help please! I'm using an Acer Travelmate 290 laptop which I can connect to broadband using the ethernet cable but not wireless. When I run a diagnostics test the wireless connection says pass, in the configuration manager enable is ticked & I can find the BT Voyager 2500 router (unlocked) on my laptop's wirless network but when i select it & enter the network key press connect & nothing happens. Can you help please?  Cry
Thanks in advance
Just thought I'd add the diagnostic results are as follows:
Test the connection to your local network
Test your Ethernet Connection: PASS
Test your USB Connection: DOWN
Test your Wireless Connection: PASS

Test the connection to your ADSL service provider
Test ADSL Synchronization: PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: PASS

Test the connection to your Internet service provider
Test PPP server connection: PASS
Test authentication with ISP: PASS
Test the assigned IP address: PASS
Ping default gateway: PASS
2 REPLIES 2
craigyoung
Grafter

Re: Wireless Help PLEASE!!!!

There may be other things to test before, but you may want to try reinstalling your wireless driver.  You should be able to find it either in your operating disks or on the web (google it).  It may have got corrupted. 
samuria
Grafter

Re: Wireless Help PLEASE!!!!

first job is to take off encryption on the router and see if you can connect then as this will rule out and driver issues. If it still doesnt work let us know for more help but make sure the pc isnt sending a key as well.
If it work then setup the key again and give it a go any problems then must be down to the key