cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Access Point

Dorsettaffy

Wireless Access Point

I have successfully connected my desk-top using a Speedtouch 585 v6 wireless router and an adapter and want to connect my laptop as well.  When I go to the wizard to connect another device it advises the use of a USB flash drive. Having plugged it into the desk-top and saved the settings I have to "Plug the flash drive into your wireless access point....  "  My router does not have a USB connection, so how do I plug into the wireless access point please?
Very grateful for any help.
Dorsettaffy
3 REPLIES 3
Swift
Dabbler

Re: Wireless Access Point

The flash drive is for use with the other device - not the router.  However, it isn't necessary - you already know the settings the other computer needs to be able to share the wireless signal so you shouldn't need to store the settings on a USB drive.
Look at this article on getting your wireless connection setup: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesssetup.mspx
Dorsettaffy

Many thanks Swift.  Got it sorted now, but that's a very useful site.
Dorsettaffy
Smiley
puddy
Grafter

i know some speedtouch routers have a button on the front (middle)you can press the button on the front to register any new wireless device's this stop other logging on to your network no button pressed no connection, you need to press this only once while registering the new device.
puddy