cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP on a notebook

hazzor83

Windows XP on a notebook

Does anyone have any ideas, the simplest of course of how to install windows XP on a notebook, my wife has a Asus One notebook the white on it has Linux default, her cousin installed XP on it somehow now needs to be, re-installed but i'm having troubled doing this.
4 REPLIES 4
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Windows XP on a notebook

Are you sure the model is correct? I can't find any reference to an "Asus One". Did you mean an Acer Aspire One, perhaps, or an Asus EEE?
What trouble are you having exactly? We'll be glad to help, but you will need to be a bit more specific!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Does Windows reveal the Computer model and memory size?
Do you recall the Linux distribution previously loaded?
What colour was the sign-on screen "themed" as - these are all clues as to what custom version of Linux was loaded.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Do you recall the Linux distribution previously loaded?

They usually came with Linpus. I got one a while ago but quickly removed Linpus and installed Ubuntu Netbook Edition, much better!!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: hazzor83
...her cousin installed XP on it somehow now needs to be, re-installed but i'm having troubled doing this.

You will need:

• An Installation CD for Windows XP.

• The Windows product key your wife's cousin used - you must know this before you start.

• A USB CD drive (assuming your Netbook does not have a built-in drive).

You would probably be best to ask your wife's cousin to do the re-install, given that he/she managed to install Windows in the first place.