Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP computer freezes

idlewis
Grafter

Windows XP computer freezes

Hi
Any tips on how to stop the computer from freezing.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Windows XP computer freezes

Other than putting it next to a heater  Grin
Sorry for the frivolous reply  Embarrassed
Can you gave a bit more information such as
Does it freeze randomly or when you are using a specific program
When it freezes is it temporary and recovers itself or do you need to reboot
When it freezes is it just that the mouse and keyboard no longer work or does it affect the display
idlewis
Grafter

Hi Oldjim
I think I already posted a similar question before but I think what has happened I have installed Registy Booster or any other product from Uniblue because the computer was fine before I bought these products and when I rebooted before the only products that not worked was Uniblue. 
The computer freezes and it waits until the baattery power is dead before the switches off and then I need to the cable back into the computer then it starts working again.
I don't know if it is because I have Registy Winner and cannot have more than one anti virus software.
On some website it says It wants to run  a piece of software  thren it asks do want add on and what is the risk.  Any advice about this?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If I read your post correctly you have installed Registry Booster and Registry Winner which are both registry cleaners and nothing to do with an anti virus program.
It is very likely that one or other of them has messed up your registry
My recommendation is to never run such programs unless you know exactly what you are doing and even then to have a full backup of the registry before doing anything.
Would it be correct to assume that neither program asked you to create a registry backup before altering things.
How long ago did you install the software - if it isn't too long you may be able to use the XP recovery tool.