Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP Error Report

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Windows XP Error Report

On opening XP, I am being presented with the following Windows Error Report, this has only recently started :-
ANIWZCS2
A search using Google seems to suggest it's to do with a wireless network, however,  I do not have a wireless network, but I do have the item "ANIWZCS2 Service" listed in my Currently Installed Programs, in Control Panel.
Any idea how I can get rid of Error Report?
Regards......Noel
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Windows XP Error Report

The ANIWZCS2 Service is associated with Dlink wireless adaptors.  You possibly have one installed on your computer even if you don't use it.  This service clashes in some way with Windows XP Service Pack 3, which is possibly why you have started getting the message. Four options:
1)  Identify the model of your Dlink wireless adpator, download the drivers from the Dlink web site and re-install them.  If you look in Device Manager your wireless adaptor will be listed under Network Adaptors and you should find the model listed there.
2)  Remove the wireless adaptor.  It will either be a small USB deivice which you can unplug or a card with an aerial which you will have to open the computer to remove.
3) Type Services.msc in the Run box and press enter.  Find the ANIWZCS2 Service and disable it.  This setting may prevent you from using your wireless adaptor in future, even if you follow step 1.
4)  Ignore the error message. 
fotobits
Rising Star

Many thanks for your speedy reply, ReedRichards.
Your clear and detailed reply has made me realise what has happened.  Indeed SP3 was installed not long ago and also I tried a D-link adapter too.  I remember now installing the s/w from a CD.
I don't use D-link, so I'll de-install ANIWZCS2.
I'll let you know in a few days if all is well.
Again many thanks, most grateful.
Regards.....Noel
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I was assuming you still had the Dlink adaptor installed.  If not, uninstalling the software via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel may be the simplest way of getting rid of the error message.
fotobits
Rising Star

I confirm, ReedRichards, that the offending Error Message has be successfully eliminated!
It did not seem possible to uninstall ANIWXCS2 Service, so I disabled the facility as per your para 3 instruction.
Thank you again for your most professional response.
Regards......Noel