cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Vista Help(not anymore as using windows7)

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Windows Vista Help(not anymore as using windows7)

I just bought a new pc with windows vista home basic till i get windows 7 after the holidays,some piccys including on this forum are not showing up,just little red crosses where the piccys should be,has anyone any ideas?i have flash and java and all that and use ie8,also i have my folder popping up everytime i boot into vista,does any one have an idea how i can stop that,its so annoying?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Windows Vista Help

Try Firefox and see if it has the same problem.
What do you mean by my folder popping up when you boot into Vista - can you do a screen grab
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks oldjim i will try firefox later and will try do a screen grab aswell,its a folder that pops up everytime i boot into windows vista and shows my documents etc,it does it every time and its bugging the hell out of me,ive googled for the browser problem and tried a few fixes but to no avail yet,will try ff later tonight
Edit weirdly enough so far in this thread i can see your avatar piccy but not mine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

One possible difference is that my picture is hosted on my own web site but yours is uploaded
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes maybe or either that its just a simple click in internet explorer 8 thats need fixed,just downloaded firefox and its displaying the pictures no problem and when i was using ie8 in xp pro it worked fine so i think its a setting that needs adjusted its just finding it,never mind i dont want to customise too much as i will be getting windows 7 after the christmas period,Thanks very much for your help and have a nice christmas Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Just an update,managed to get windows seven today,up and running and everythings working flawlessly Smiley