Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone App for Heart Monitoring... specifically E.C.G

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Windows Phone App for Heart Monitoring... specifically E.C.G

This morning went to the doc because I had some king of "attack" last night, where I could not breathe properly for about 1 min....
She has suggested a blood test... and an E.C.G. ... and also suggested I get an app for my phone that will do an e.c.g IF/WHEN it happens again... and also to call 999 ... the info from the app could be of some help...
As soon as I could breathe normally, I was 100% O.K.... no pain during the attack,... except where the diaphragm was working extra hard to draw breath in short gulps... and no pain afterwards.
The "Heart monitor" app on the windows phone does not give any instructions..wading through the "Pages" it seems to refer to going for a run, and keeping tabs on you, rather than a "proper" heart monitor, that the doc is thinking of....... .. and I can`t find one in the windows store... 

Has anyone got one on their windows phone, that "just works"... Obviously don`t need to faff about at the time, trying to find out how it works... so just find the app... press the phone to my chest... and hey presto... results...  apparently the one she is thinking of uses the phone camera to record the heart beat ...
18 REPLIES 18
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Windows Phone App for Heart Monitoring... specifically E.C.G

A quick google gives me this one.  Is that what you are after?  I'm not sure what else you could get out of the camera.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I believe that, to provide 'ECG' type information (not just heart rate) a device is required for the phone to work with an ECG app:
http://www.alivecor.com/home
http://windowsphoneapk.com/APK_AliveECG-Heart-Monitor_Windows-Phone.html
http://www.ecgcheck.com/
More importantly @shutter, I sincerely hope it isn't anything too serious.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
shutter
Community Veteran

Hi Mook....yeah, that seems to be the sort of thing.... Howver, when I click on "get this app".. (which is greyed a little)  I get no response...  I have my phone plugged into the laptop... ... the alternative is to "get this app from the store."... but I cannot find a way of searching for it by title... when I go to the "store"... seems like I have to trawl through every app availaible until I recognise the "icon"..
Anonymous
Not applicable

shutter
Community Veteran

@ Mook..... that is the one I was referring to in my original post.....

@w23  First one is Android 
Second one is Iphone... 
I have WIndows phone... ! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I thought so, and is the one in my original link, I sent that last link to try to help you download it to your phone.
shutter
Community Veteran

Ah, Sorry Mook,... I should have addressed my comment to pjmarsh for his linky to this one....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/apps/heart-rate-monitor/9nblggh0b17x
Which I can`t get to download by clicking on "get the app"....
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Actually it is the same on mine, even when logged in.  I've just gone to the Store on my phone and searched "heart rate monitor" and that one is showing as the 3rd one in the list and will let me install it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

As i have a Dicky Ticker  Wink i tried the free one from Mook , it works ok on my 640 LTE phone
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran

Well, I sent an email to the company that does "Heart Rate"... and they told me how to search for it on the phone on the store... !... which I thought was brilliant service... so.. I found it,... and downloaded it ...and paid £1.49 for it... and .....
IT DOES NOT WORK.... NADA... ZILCH... Yeah...you get a screen saying put your pinky on the camera and press here... and ..... NAFF ALL HAPPENS.....
So looks like I have been RIPPED OFF by them.... trying to get a refund from Microsoft, but I doubt it....
Did get another free one called.... NEO CARDIOGRAPH...  that one DOES WORK... but don`t think it keeps records...

EDIT    EDIT  EDIT.....
Apparently it costs £0.79p to buy it... !... and it , according to the "overview/review" page can record lots of stuff.....so here`s hoping    ...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Shutter i got Mooks Free  Wink  and it works 100% 
Which windows phone have you got ?
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran

Lumia 435.... WIndows 8.1 I think....
I had that one... but I can`t figure out how it works.... send me a p.m. with destructions... ! ! ...  Huh
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

Doesn't really matter what Windows phone you have, most app developers / companies just cant be arsed to make an app for Windows Phone users.
Hopefully that will change with Windows Phone 10 & the app developer tools that Microsoft have created to allow developers an easy simple way to port a IOS or Android app over in to a format suitable for Windows Phone.