cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Media Centre - WinTV 900H

Mav
Fixes: 515

Windows Media Centre - WinTV 900H

Until I moved last november the only way of watching TV was using my Hauppauge WinTV900H USB Freeview tuner.
After setting up the WinTV application and tuning in I then set about using Windows Media Centre (W7 32 bit) which worked fine.
I have just reconnected the tuner and found that the WinTV software keeps crashing so I've uninstalled it and will re-install.
Do I need to do anything with WMC to 'forget' the previous installation or will it just configure itself correctly anyway. Have tried searching Google but without much help (could be the way I'm asking).
I really can't remember how I set up WMC last year Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
avatastic
Grafter

Re: Windows Media Centre - WinTV 900H

From what I understand of WMC, it interacts directly with the drivers and not the software the card comes with.
The drivers have to work in a specific way for WMC to be able to talk to them so if they've worked in the past they should work again just fine.
On a slightly related note, does anyone have experience of using WMC with DVB-S cards? I've got a spare cable coming off my dish and am thinking about throwing a card in my PC (W7 x64) for the Freesat channels.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Windows Media Centre - WinTV 900H

Thanks.
I installed the latest drivers only then ran the setup from WMC without problem.
All channels showing and all's well.
Thanks again.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still