cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mail - loss of icons

Not applicable

Windows Mail - loss of icons

My friend asked me to look at her computer yesterday as she has lost the toolbar icons in Windows Mail.  She is running Vista Home Premium.
The toolbar is ticked and it is displayed as a blue strip but with no icons at all (print, delete, next etc).
I have had a quick search on Google but not found a solution yet but will continue to check.  I wondered if anyone has come across this before and knows what the problem is?
Alternatively, is there a repair option in WM that would restore the icons?
For now I have installed Windows Live Mail (the old version, not 2011 which is dreadful IMO) and she is OK with this but being a creature of habit I know the preference would be to have her own email client back and intact.
2 REPLIES 2
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Windows Mail - loss of icons

Right click on the toolbar and click Customise... - any of the options there make a difference?
Not applicable

Re: Windows Mail - loss of icons

Thank you for that Denzil.  Will have a look next time I visit my friend.  I did not have time to mess about with it (had to go through and delete over 1000 emails because she did not know how to do this  without  the X icon).  I am hoping that she will be OK with WLM when she gets used to it (doesn't like change).  Toolbar was ticked but I did not right-click as there was just nothing there - only a blue strip.  I have found out how to rebuild/reinstall Windows Mail so that is another option if necessary.