cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Live problem

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Windows Live problem

My wife's laptop has Windows 7 on it. She uses Mailwasher Pro and Windows Live Mail 2011 to deal with her e-mails. I say, deal with them - for the 6 years she has had this laptop, apparently she has had problems with the e-mails where Mailwasher lists a load of e-mails which she downloads, but 5 minutes later they pop up again on Mailwasher. If she tries to get rid of them from Mailwasher (tick all the delete boxes), according to her - she hasn't shown me - they load another copy of them onto Windows Live, then back they come on Mailwasher. It is almost as if the e-mail server at PlusNet isn't being told to delete the e-mail from the server once it is in the In Tray on the laptop.
I'm used to using Win 7 and Mailwasher, but I have never heard of Windows Live Mail. I use Mozilla Thunderbird on my pc, but she wont let me put Thunderbird on her laptop.
Can anyone suggest what is going wrong on my wife's laptop, please.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Windows Live problem

if mailwasher is a separate program its likely the two email clients are conflicting with each other rather than operating in symbiosis which is likely down to something being setup incorrectly or a correct initial setup being borked after a program update resets something to default values.
I cant actually answer directly because I don't use either program for emails (I have been auto forwarding all mail to Hotmail then using browser to access it to prevent inadvertent malware getting onto my system) that lets me check any suspicious emails (for me that's anything with an attachement) by right clicking and selecting the "view message source" option (which then shows all the code in inactive plain text) and that lets me decide if I can open the email in question of just consign it to the phishing scam auto notify list /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Windows Live problem

thanks nanotm. I think I have found the box that shouldn't have been ticked. Only time will tell, but it is looking good at the moment