cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Live Mail problem

Javert
Grafter

Windows Live Mail problem

Some "in" emails now cannot be opened nor deleted - this message appears: “A problem occurred while trying to open this message”.  Unfortunately, this means that I have a few important messages that I need - but appear be lost - although still showing in the “In” box.
I have had a look at posts about this subject on Windows online pages - so, at least I’m no alone.  But there doesn’t seem to be a way of dealing with this in a satisfactory manner.
Whilst I am loath to leave Windows “emails” - I also have “Outlook” but don’t like it - and always used OE (from when Windows came on floppy disks!), I feel that I’ve got move away from MS for emails.  But where does one change to?  I’ve tried Firefox but not too keen (perhaps I’ve used Windows too long!).  Any advice please?
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Windows Live Mail problem

Try Thunderbird
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I don't see that Thunderbird is all that great and it can be a bit of a struggle to get your emails off it if you want to migrate to another email client.  If you want to stick with Microsoft I would copy your email storage folder to another location, then completely uninstall and re-install Live Mail, then import you old messages.  Or you might decide that is it passée to use an email client and switch to a webmail facility like Google Mail.  Even Plusnet's revised webmail is not too bad - is it still in beta testing? 
Javert
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim - have installed T’bird.  Unfortunately, there’s a problem - message: “Sending of Password did not succeed - Login failed. Spoke with Tech Support, everything’s OK at their end. About to post the problem on T’bird’s Forum pages.  UPDATE: I registered to use Thunderbird’s Forum - and was accepted.  Posted the problem and it stayed on the page with a message: “User name already in use”. Same today - so registered under a different user name with different email address - same result - so have given up and deleted Thunderbird - so I'm back to live mail!
Reedrichards - wanting to get away from Live Mail! Won’t use google as, like Tesco - it invidiously spreads everywhere!  Just hope I can get Thunderbird sorted.
Thanks.