cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Live Mail 2012 and iCloud email

Badger23

Windows Live Mail 2012 and iCloud email

I have an iCloud email address. My platform is Windows Live mail 2012 (I know its unsupported but I like it Smiley !) . Can some

one give me precise instructions as to how to load my icloud email address on to Live Mail to view via plusnet please. I'm not very techy 

Thanks !

2 REPLIES 2
jcs1167957
Dabbler

Re: Windows Live Mail 2012 and iCloud email

I am a LiveMail user on W10 and may be able to help. I cannot find a better email client. Backup is the major issue for me and why I still use LiveMail. Each email is stored in a single file unlike Outlook and Thunderbird where they are all bundled inti a single file. My daily backup is about 1 Mbytes of single files.(just new files) but a Thunderbird back would be about 5 to 10 gigabytes!

If your iCloud service has instructions for any current email client, e.g. Microsoft Mail used on windows 10, then I should be able to translate those instructions into LiveMail equivalents. iCloud email would have to support either IMAP or POP3 email to be able to use it however. i use both on Livemail.

This link would appear to proved the information but I have no way of verifying if it is correct..

https://www.lifewire.com/what-are-icloud-mail-imap-settings-1170502 

I assume from your post that you are using LiveMail for your Plusnet email. 

----

You may also have a problem with LiveMail not working with mail links that are  embedded into web pages such as the one below. If it comes up with an error I have a fix for it.- see the following link and open the last entry in the table by clicking on the Win icon in the second column.

http://www.soroban.co.uk/gxcc/xmltopicpages/pcapps.xml#Email 

Incidentally the link immediately above contains a download link for Microsoft LiveMail as it is no longer available in their site.

You may also find other useful programs on my site.

Badger23

Re: Windows Live Mail 2012 and iCloud email

Hi JCS - Many thanks for this ! I feel we are nearly 'there' unfortunately when I get to 'down loading folders' - i.e. to set up the account on the LiveMail platform - (as per the instruction in the 'inbox); I get an 'authentication error' (re username and password) when entering my details. The final step (?) does not take place and no folders are down loaded/transferred. Is this anything to do with additional security perhaps - or something else? 

Yes - my other (plusnet) account(s) go via LiveMail and all work fine.