cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Live - Group emails?

randpwar
Grafter

Windows Live - Group emails?

Wasn’t sure whether to put this under Email or here, please feel free to move it.
I use a Plusnet email account as a contact address for a local sports association website (league tables, results, averages that sort of thing) that I run. I also use the same email account to send out notices / notifications of updates of the website / new players looking for clubs etc to the Associations distribution list. The problem with this is that I cannot set up a ‘group’ distribution list of the 30 or so Association member’s email addresses so have to copy and paste all of them each time I send an email. Does anyone know if I can do this using Windows Live?
3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Windows Live - Group emails?

I don't use Windows Live Mail so I don't know the answer to your question for certain, but it is a pretty poor primitive email client that doesn't let you set up groups of email addresses.  I'd be very surprised if you could not do this with Windows Live mail.  There are instructions here for how to construct a group in SquirrelMail http://www.ehow.com/how_4964229_make-group-squirrelmail.html ; again I don't know if this works for Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

randpwar
Grafter

Thanks both  :). I reckon I’ve previously tried the webmail solution but without putting a space as well as a comma between the addresses; I’ll try that first and then maybe go to Live if I still can’t get it to work