cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Backup failure.

oldgeezer
Grafter

Windows Backup failure.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit  Home Premium Sevice Pack 1 on a nearly new  HP desktop computer.
I installed an additional 1TB internal drive and the first couple of Windows backups went according to plan.
Further attempts at backup have resulted in failure with an error code 0x80070002.
I have tried all the hundreds of fixes listed on the web for this and no matter what I remove from the backup it fails to complete, sometimes at 2% complete and sometimes at 99%. I notice that AMD based HP computers are often mentioned in the posts but I'm not using a USB drive.
I am presently backing up using Paragon Backup & Recovery (Advanced) Free with no problems both to the internal drive and a remote network drive.
Am I trying to flog a dead horse or can someone put me on the right track ?
Oldgeezer.
4 REPLIES 4
CX
Grafter

Re: Windows Backup failure.

Have you tried deleting the Windows Backup schedule settings completely and recreating them?
Or a full chkdsk /R from an elevated command prompt?
oldgeezer
Grafter

Tried both those, the chkdsk reports  "The Volume is Clean"
I'm beginning to think that Windoze 7 backup is seriously flawed. There are thousands of posts about the problem with very few positive outcomes. I've tried running a number of Microsoft Official fixes with no improvement.
The Paragon software allows me to backup to a network drive which is something that my version of Windows will not do,  but i thought it would be nice to have two different backup systems.
I tried removing the Paragon software but that doesn't  make any difference.
oldgeezer
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

oldgeezer
Grafter

I tried that one several times. It seems my problem is the scenario 3 mentioned, i.e. a combination of Nvidia USB chipset, Windows 7 x64 and at least 4 GB of memory.
However the Microsoft hotfix doesn't work and puts up a "not applicable to this computer message",  the same as it does to hundreds of other people who tried it. I can't even pull some ram to see if it resolves because it's all in one module.
There are hundreds of posts about this problem going on since W7 came in but not one resolution that I can find.
Oldgeezer.