Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 growing fast

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Windows 7 growing fast

Windows 7 is growing faster than vista and overtakes mac os x
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2010/01/windows-7-growing-faster-than-vista-overtakes-mac-os.a...
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Windows 7 growing fast

I have it on dual boot with XP at work. Some apps and hardware won't work yet so I keep browsing around finding solutions as and when I get the time.
Eventually I'll have it fully working.......just in time for Windows 8 Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

That's what you think Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran

Which bit Undecided
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Fully working bit...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Haha,fully working bit?i dont know why there thinking 128 bit for windows 8 when 64 bit still has teething problems
David_W
Rising Star

I just upgraded my CPU to an E6500, if I gotta upgrade from x64_86 to x128_86 I'll go and cry  Cry
What's the point in x128 though?  Not sure any home user could find a use for 128bits or more than 48k of RAM.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Windows 7 has been on general sale for three months now, and that first quarter of its life has been a particularly strong one. Not only is it growing in popularity much faster than Vista did over the same time period, it has also now overtaken Mac OS X. That’s right, more people now use Windows 7 than use any version of Mac OS X.
It’s old news to even talk about Vista’s failed launch and lack of sales. But it’s important to remember what happened with Vista to really show how positive a reception Windows 7 has got from the public.
Ars Technica has a detailed look at the state of the operating system market shares as we begin 2010. Windows market share actually dipped a little in December, dropping from 92.52 percent to 92.21 percent. But Windows 7 had an unequivocally great holiday season.
After a month on sale, Windows 7 already had a four percent market share, while Vista could only manage 0.93 percent after the same amount of time. After two months, Vista had rallied slightly to 2.04 percent, but Windows 7 hit 5.71 percent. That means Windows 7 has managed in just two months the market share it took Vista six months to build.
Overall, Windows XP is still the daddy, with 67.77 percent of the Windows OS market share. Vista is second on 17.87, while Windows 7 is on 5.71 percent. However, at the rate Windows 7 is growing, it may only take a year for the newest OS to overtake Vista. Whether this will be at the expense of Vista, with people upgrading, or at the expense of XP, with people buying new systems, remains to be seen.
Windows 7’s 5.71 percent overall market share means it has now overtaken Mac OS X, all versions of which only account for 5.11 percent of the overall OS market share. Apple fanboys will surely argue that this isn’t news or that it was always bound to happen, but after just two months? Surely that has to rankle just a little bit.
Strat
Community Veteran

Good old Microsoft.
Windows 7 installed on Laptop. Viewed Devices and Printers....noticed exclamation mark on the laptop icon which means it needs troubleshooting.
Performed the troubleshooting procedure and windows tells me there is a driver problem and to click 'Apply this Fix' which I do.
Windows goes away and searches for a driver.
Then the first of the dialogue boxes appears (the one to the left) telling me no driver was found but another solution was found which will help if I click 'View Solution'
I do so and the dialogue box to the right appears telling me no solution is available and asking me if this information was helpful.
I could answer but it would be removed by the swear filter.
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

@Strat  -  "Eventually I'll have it fully working"  Ever the optimist!  Grin  Grin  Grin
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Strat why not pop over to the windows seven forums?im sure you could get better help there..Take a look through here and see if you have the most recent drivers for your computer. Most Recent 50 Driver Downloads - PC Pitstop Libraries

*** please note that you can run the scan if you'd like to. If you're not up to date, the scan will let you know, but in order to download the drivers, you'll have to purchase the software.
You should be able to find your needed driver at the vendor's website.

50 most recent drivers here...http://www.pcpitstop.com/libraries/driver/