cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 & its built-in games

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Windows 7 & its built-in games

I loaded a licenced copy of Windows 7 Pro on my pc a couple of days ago, having spent a while with a test load of Win 7 Ultimate to check my pc would work with Win 7. I don't know what I have done wrong, but the Win 7 Pro load doesn't have much in the Games folder, just Games Explorer. The Win 7 Ultimate load had about 10 games.
Is there something I can do to load these games, without going back to installing Win 7 Pro again?
Thanks for any help
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Windows 7 & its built-in games

Try clicking on More Games from Microsoft in the Games Folder
But first try this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/where-games#1TC=windows-7
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The default in Win 7 is to have games switched off.  The link Oldjim quotes details the steps to switch them on a bit lower down the page.
Had to do this last week on my new PC.
A word of warning.  Do NOT start playing mah Jongg!  It is quite addictive Grin
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

penneck
Aspiring Pro

I used the link that OldJim suggested, and having followed the link instructions, I now have the games back
Thanks to both of you
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: MauriceC
The default in Win 7 is to have games switched off.

I think it depends on the version.  As a professional you would not want to waste your time on playing games so they are switched off in the 'Professional' version of Windows 7.  This is not the case for 'Home Premium' or 'Ultimate'.