Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Update.........update !

Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Windows 7 Update.........update !

Like others on here,I stopped the dreaded KB 3035583 from downloading. It gradually dawned onme that I wasnt getting any new updates and like others have found,it seems you have to do it your self now.
Anway the other day thought I'd do afew and after afew mins discovered Id used about 200 MBs (I'm on PN 10G a month thingy) ane there was no sign of any of the updates actual having downloaded.So I thought to hell with this,not wanting to waste my "allowance". I stopped it.However on getting ready to shut the PC down found there were a few to install.
So last night from midnight,using my free allowance tried again,30 mins nothin'.This am,thought I'd have another go,30 mins,seemed very slow from MS, didnt use anywhere near 200MBs this time, not a sausage,my speed else where seems ok,
So the question is have other people found these updates very slow or what?    Suppose the other thing to try is leave the PC n all night......................................
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Windows 7 Update.........update !

very slow indeed - max speed about 1Mb/s on a 45Mb/s line
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Just downloaded and installed 18 updates... didn`t take very long.... didn`t actually time it... but probably less than 30 mins.  Win 7 Professional 6MB line speed
Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks to Jim & shut, think MS (from  California ?) was faster yesterday am than today. Both times managed 2 downloads in about 30mins.Ist time I "Panicked",thinking I was using up MBs of stuff,today it seemed to "crawl",so was surprised I got as many as 2, Might try later tonight,perhaps do an alnighter.
BUT,I do wonder if PN slow stuff down after 12,when its free,must do a speed check then.
PS, sorry my speed check thingy on here is out of date,I get about 12-14 MBs normally now,at least I do during the day !
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

My Win7 was set to check for, but not download updates, so I requested the 18 important updates it had found the day before yesterday to be downloaded.
Half an hour later, the download hadn't even started, by which time my mind had wandered off, quickly followed by the rest of me.  Roll_eyes
They were there later on though - have changed update options to 'download updates but let me choose whether to install them' to spare me the suspense in future...
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@JayG    "      way to go !  "
That`s my settings too !.
Wink