cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Pro Update query

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Windows 7 Pro Update query

I have just finished a whole days work, installing Windows 7 Pro, and all my other bits and pieces.
( have also been very ill with the dreaded cold/flu which almost knocked me out for 48 hours).. so this past 24 has been an interesting way of recuperating. !( yes I did have the free flue jab.... pity I can`t go back and get a refund ! ! !).

OK... So ... W7 Pro is working fine.... I disabled updates from the very start... as I wanted to get all the other stuff done first.  only 2 updates have managed to install ( one I deliberately did )... which is KB 958488 .Net Framework 6.2 .. ( not sure what the other one is... but... never mind ) (KB2685811)

The question is.... that... since Microsoft have been doing "Roll-up"  updates... do I need to let them all download and install ?  with the likelyhood of them sticking about 3/4s the waythrough the list... ?  Or  can I just use the " download and let me decide"  and just allow the last couple of months updates to install ? ? 

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Windows 7 Pro Update query

Having had no replies... useful, or sarcastic... I am disappointed...  Sad

However.. to close this thread.... I decided to download all the updates.. 193 ... and then spent half a day, installing them in batches of 20 from the bottom of the list...

only a couple "failed"... but they have since been "successful" on later update runs...

so... this thread is now officially closed... the Laptop is running ok... ( for now ! ! )..

bmc
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Windows 7 Pro Update query

Hopefully you'll not have got the one which "nags" you to upgrade to Win10!!!!

Brian