Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 - Feedback

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Windows 7 - Feedback

I don't think it did that as everything works fine in Vista - all files are there.
I have deleted the Windows 7 boot option using Vista msconfig and will reformat the partition when I get round to it.- or just install the next beta build
Basically the glitch with Outlook means it is unusable at present. I will try the next build though.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: dgwebb
Nope, AHCI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Host_Controller_Interface
Mind you, my hard drive is playing silly buggers now so I've lost my Vista/7 dual boot hard drive with all my downloads and everything gone!

There's a chance that it has just mucked up the partition information.
The data should still be there.
BTW Four letter Acronyms (with some notable exceptions) will never be popular.  Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Im trying to download it, but the download manager thing has stopped working, and another attempt is only chugging along at 6.8kb/sec firefox says only 3 dyas and 15 hours remaining.
  Is there another way to get hold of it, or should i just let it continue downloading for 3 days and hope it works?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Think you'll find that after midnight your speeds will jump up quite a bit, going by some other threads on speed issues.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I downloaded it twice and in both cases I left it running overnight and it finished in the free period no problem
David_W
Rising Star

@axis - nope, hard drives gone kaput - it hangs on POST so I'm using my IDE with Windows 7 on it again, my brothers being nice and giving me a Samsung 500GB, so I'll RMA my Maxtor and maybe Raid, not sure yet.
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Im stiull having problems downloading it, i left it going overnight, and i now have the microsoft download manager thingy reporting an error again, and a file called
7000.0.081t212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso.dlm thats 2.43GB in size.
when i try and restart it i get an error message saying something about a mismatch on the server, or the file name url has changed, the download manager ( that installed when i clicked the download link) has reported that the file is only 8% complete.
how can tis be fixed? is it possible to download windows 7  somewhere else?
MuppetGrinder
Grafter

I would put money on it being on sever torrent sites, you would probably be as well trying from one of them.