Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 - sorry Microsoft can't see what all the fuss is about

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Windows 10 - sorry Microsoft can't see what all the fuss is about

Interesting, last time I updated I had to reinstall. Might give it a go without, just need to find the bundle I'm looking for at a good price now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I bought the bits separately
Memory from Crucial
M'board and CPU from Amazon
CPU cooler from Scan
The reason for using Crucial and Amazon is their excellent returns policies
atbs1
Grafter

Both our desktops a about 5 years old and they have taken W10 with no problems...
WTF
Grafter

I upgraded my Win7 lappie a few weeks ago and it has been really good - the laptop actually feels a tad faster, though I think that's just Win10 having lighter animations so things pop-up more rapidly.
Upgraded my work laptop a couple of days ago and had to roll back to Win8.1 as I was getting the BSOD when attempting to install VMWare.  Installed VMWare on 8.1 and upgraded again.  All working fine .. until Windows update installed a bundle of things and I got the BSOD every time I tried to login.  Rolled back to a previous state and - currently - it's all working.  Problem is: Windows update is about to install a bundle of things.
I have a feeling I may need to go back to 8.1.
Today's DSN issues didn't help as initially, I wasn't sure if the issue was with Win10 or Plus Net Roll_eyes
ad47uk
Grafter

I was using Windows 10 insider for a while on a treble boot machine, Linux, windows 8.1 and windows 10 insider, all on different drives. The drivce windows 10 was on have now given up. I not sure if I will update to it from windows8.1. There are some things I do not like, the start menu is awful, I can replace that like I have with windows 81, I do not like the notification system, the look of ten is worse than 8.1. Lastly is the spying stuff Ms have put in, I have no interest in cortana.
so I may was well stay with 8.1