Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and Facebook

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Windows 10 and Facebook

Hi all

I haven't been around the forum for a long time, but the new set up intrigued my :-), and it's good to see some of the old characters still around

So to the issue - I upgraded my desk top to Windows 10 ages ago, and everything works fine; except that when I go on to Facebook (OK get the wisecracks out of the way :-)) The computer almost immediately hangs, and forces a restart with a WHEA error. No other web sites do it, and it's only on FB.

Any ideas what I can do to solve it?

Hulls

6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Windows 10 and Facebook

Are you accessing Facebook in a browser (if so, have you tried a different browser) or using the Facebook App from the windows store?

If using the 'App', have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Hi

I've tried Chrome and IExplorer. I haven't tried the APP. I hadn't thought about it to be honest, but even if that works, why would Facebook be the only web site (as far as I can tell) that causes my computer to crash?

John

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Because Facebook is [-Censored-].

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

@John_Hull wrote:

Hi

I've tried Chrome and IExplorer.

But not the Edge browser that comes with Windows 10?  That's an odd combo.

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

And Edge 🙂

The Apps OK, and doesn't crash, but it doesn't include everything, such as the games apps that I like. I still struggle to understand though, why everything else is OK. Actually, thinking about it, I have to play videos through the old media player, because the new app crashes the system as well, so maybe there's a link
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25