cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Sound Issue

Fixes: 80

Windows 10 Sound Issue

Last night my grandson called me on Skype.
After a brief conversation he said I sounded like a robot and couldn't understand me (he doesn't know about Chipmunks) and the call was ended.
I did a Skype test call and when played back I sounded like a Chipmunk (cartoon variety).
I reinstalled the Logitech software (I have a Logitech webcam) with no luck.
I installed the latest Windows 10 Realtek drivers (onboard sound) from their site with no luck.
This morning I plugged in a stand-alone microphone and did the Skype test call....success.
I tried the Logitech webcam again and back to Chipmunk.
So I assume from this that the webcam microphone software is the culprit (they only have up to Windows 8.1 drivers available.
So now I decide that a new webcam is required and what better than a Microsoft webcam as it HAS to be fully compatible doesn't it.
I looked at this one but when I click the support tab and the OS drop-down what do I find.....no Windows 10 option Angry
So Microsoft hasn't yet caught up with....Microsoft leaving me with a choice....get one of these Microsoft web-cams in the hope that it will come with a mini CD of Windows 10 drivers or wait for Logitech to release Windows 10 drivers.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Re: Windows 10 Sound Issue

Is there a "compatiblity mode" otion so you can use it on 10 as if on 8.1 ? ? ?  (or further back Vista .....xp  ? ? ?  )
I had a sound problem when I got this new laptop with 8.1 on it.... and found that Windows was updating the driver for the PL2303 usb converter, to solve it I had to disable, and uninstall the driver... stop windows auto updating.. and installed the Vista 32 bit driver on 8.1 64bit laptop....
now works perfectly...