Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 7Pro Changing Password.

FIXED
colintivy
Rising Star

Win 7Pro Changing Password.

Being guilty of maintaing a simple password at starting a session, I looked up the procedure  for changing and found that it needs to have a clean USB drive to be plugged in to go on. It did not like the drive telling me that it needs to be a password reset disk. This was not a requirement in the Handbook. Anybody found the way to go?

3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Win 7Pro Changing Password.

Fix

I'm not sure I understand the question; which is possibly the cause of your getting an odd answer when looking it up.  You can change  a User Account password by going to Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts.

colintivy
Rising Star

@ReedRichards

Thanks for the advice to use to use the Conrol Panel/User Accounts/Change the Password which works fine.

The Win7 Handbook also sugested entering the Password twice and type in the new Password. This is where the need to have a Password Drive arose. It offered a USB. drive or floppy (not got one) so I put in a clean USB drive which it rejected it because it was not a "Password Drive". Hence my question.

Colin

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Glad to help.  I think what you were reading pertains to how to deal with a forgotten password, not how to change a password you know to a different one.