Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 7 updates

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Win 7 updates

If you recall my woes with a new install of 7, not updating, my daily use laptop, also decided to stop updating as well.  No matter what I did, including the win7 update fix tool, it refused to work, cycling for hours at checking updates.
Even using the offline update tools, for the new installs refused to work properly as well.
After many google searches, and forum reads, finally found a solution that worked for me, but may work for everyone else. 
it seems I needed to download 2 standalone updates, Windows6.1-KB3087039 and Windows6.1-KB3083324  after installing these standalone updates and a reboot, both the new installs WSUS updates worked after about 10mins, and my daily laptop has now started to update again. 2082234 appears to be a new update tool, but 3087039 is a graphics update ?!?
Anyhow, hope this may be of use to others....
2 REPLIES 2
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Win 7 updates

Thanks for your effort..... my Win 7 Pro, ( new install after Win 10 abortion )... and all updates working fine for me... but nice to know there is a "first aid" answer if things go wrong....  Wink
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Win 7 updates

Yeah...  I had a right old time with my installs.  I suspect now M$ has Win10, all the other stuff has been relegated to slower servers etc. or they could have broken Win7 update, like they did with XPs update mechanism Crazy