cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 7 hardware(?) problem

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Win 7 hardware(?) problem

A few weeks ago, I was on the Windows Software section of this forum trying to find out how to test whether my pc would run Win 7. My pc was running XP, and with help from the forum I got the pc set up with dual-boot so I would go into Win XP or Win 7. The Win 7 was just a test load which I would need to get a licence for if it worked. My pc had a fault about a year ago when the built-in NIC failed so I replaced it with a PCI NIC daughterboard. This worked with XP, and I when I booted into Win 7, I managed to install the Win 7 driver so that I then had access to the internet from whichever of these OSes I was using.
Now I have replaced the test-load of Win 7 with a licenced copy, but I am having trouble with this daughterboard in Win 7. If I go into Control Panel / System / Device Manager, I can see the daughterboard if I am in XP, but not if I am in Win 7. How do I load the Win 7 driver for this daughterboard if Win 7 Control Panel / System / Device Manager cannot see it? Any suggestions please?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Win 7 hardware(?) problem

Is it there in Device Manager under the 'other devices' Tab?  Probably have yellow triangle with !
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Yes it was there, under a name that gave nothing away. I tried it on the off chance to see if it would pick up the driver, and it did. Now I have the daughterboard listed where I would expect it, and I am using Win 7 in sending this reply.
Thanks for your help
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Great news.  Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.