Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 lock screen

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Win 10 lock screen

In the logon lock screen, like many I expect from new I added an image to the circular space above the password box.

I would like to change it. but am unable to find anywhere to do so. I can find how to change the password, but not how to change the image above it.

I've tried Settings/Lock Screen but much of this is greyed out. Also Control Panel/User accounts (where the password change lives) There is no right click option in the image in this window, so that doesn't seem the answer.

In fact I would like to bypass the lock screen entirely, but this involves messing with the registry, not something I'm ever happy to do.

Anyone help please?

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES 3
petlew
Pro

Re: Win 10 lock screen

Sorry guys, I've just realised I was searching for the wrong thing. Changing to "change lock screen avatar" found what I was looking for.

It wasn't till my PN avatar came up I realised what I was looking for.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The image sounds like the one you havv attached to a Microsoft account.

Is this link any help?

petlew
Pro

Yes, thanks Browni, that's pretty much the same as I got when I searched for change avatar.

Must have a slightly different version though; mine's blue not red, and My Account reads "Your Info" not "Your Account" it also includes an "Email & Apps Accounts" option. But these are just details. A lot of that series of help screens refer to Win7 or 8, so this may account for the differences. It may also be as its an administrator account.

But they do the same things.