cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi drop outs

Bananaman2702

WiFi drop outs

Hi ive been with plusnet for a few years never had a problem. However the last few weeks our mobile devices keep disconnecting.we can reconnect fine but then it just happens again. I wondered if anyone could help
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: WiFi drop outs

Are you by any chance using a Plusnet Hub One? If so then there are ongoing Wifi issues with firmware so it might help if you post the version of firmware you are currently using here. I understand that it is identified on the bottom of the admin pages if you log into the router by putting 192.168.1.254 into the address (not search) field of your internet browser. It will look something like 4.7.5.1.1.83.8.263.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Sion

Hi, Had a similar issue a few years ago this was with a Android phone and a update to the ANT firmware that controls the wireless and the mobile data that hadn't updated. I did some experimentation to work out what the issue was if it was with the mobile or with the wireless.  So you need to gather some information.

1) do other devices detach from the wireless network i.e laptops, Xbox or is it just your Mobile.

2) dose your mobile detach and switch to 3/4G when you are our and about on a friends wifi. 

3) get a wifi heat map app to work out if you have got good signal strength in your home and if it one place that drops out due to other wifi signals. 

I would check updates for your mobile and have a play to work out where your mobile detaches. You may need to order another wireless hub if your phone is OK and its your wireless that is playing up.  You could go for some other meshing wifi access points that give a better signal. 

hope this helps 

Bananaman2702

4.7.5.1.83.8.263 thats whats at the bottom of the page
Sion

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Or, as the author of that very long thread, skip a few pages, turn off the 5GHz as a temporary solution and if you don't mind answer the questions @Optimatts asked here then this would be helpful too.