cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling keeps dropping out

Pentris
Dabbler

WiFi Calling keeps dropping out

I have a Lumia 640 mobile working on EE with WiFi Calling enabled. My Plusnet router is a Sagemcom 2704N connected to fibre BT modem. The phone initially connects to the WiFi calling but frequently drops the connection needing a phone restart. Is this a router configuration problem, any help appreciated as I have been struggling with this for 14 months. Works ok with my son's Sky router and my daughter's Plusnet copper router.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: WiFi Calling keeps dropping out

plusnet routers are garbage thats why they give them away Tongue You would be better off buying your own router when u can afford too.

whichedge

I too am having problems with WiFi Calling, I upgraded my phone so that I could use WiFi Calling as I have no signal in the house. I have a LG K8 on EE and the house router is a Technicolor T582n. Over the past week I have searched for a solution to this, it does seem (especially for iPhones) that you have to have different SSID names for 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels (although I am unable to find this information in the routers configuration panel) but it does seem that the 5GHz band is not broadcasting... then I stumbled across this article...

https://woodygems.wordpress.com/2014/11/11/a-fix-for-wifi-andor-lync-drop-outs-in-windows-8-1-and-wi...

The end of the article is the bit that I am interested in I'm not sure if it's related or not but I'm going to give it a try...

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

whichedge

Tried the options described in the above article... neither worked for me, so it's back to the drawing board...

Any ideas what to try next?