Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi FI

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Wi FI

I am trying to pair up a couple of devices that are Wi FI enabled, I have managed to do it but the connection is  very weak.
The items in question are a Samsung  Galaxy Tab and a Transend Car Cam. The signal from the tablet is strong enough so I guess the problem is the car cam even operating the tablet less than a few feet away I get the message cannot find device yet on the odd occasion say one in ten I have been successful and the connection  does not drop.
Is there any way I can increase the chances of a more reliable connection ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
5 REPLIES 5
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Wi FI

Have you got WiFi Analyser on the tab to check that you are on the best channel?
One thing I've found is that my HTC One has a good robust connection on 5G but my Galaxy Tab 4 is better, more reliable on 2.4G even when both devices are next to each other.
IPad Mini is also working consistently on 5G so the tab has a dubious WiFi connection.
Let's be careful out there !
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

I  don't have a WiFi analyser on the tab  but thanks for the suggestion I will look into that.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

inSSIDer used to be king but that one is no longer free.
Let's be careful out there !
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

the free versions are available here http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

"WiFi Analyser" as a decent free wifi app on Android, I use it fairly frequently as every time I change channels on my wifi, someone else seems to move in on the same channel which rather annoys me, hasn't happened recently though, seems they're all staying on channels 1, 6 and 11 here (sky on all three and BT homehubs on 6) and I'm on 8... Smiley