cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my tv disconnect from wifi when I switch it off?

betwsphil

Why does my tv disconnect from wifi when I switch it off?

Why does my Sony Bravia tv disconnect from wifi when I switch it off? Other devices remain connected and this only started happening when i left SKY for Plusnet. (Worst decision I ever made)

5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Why does my tv disconnect from wifi when I switch it off?

Hi @betwsphil,

I'm sorry to hear that this is occurring. Are you able to connect the TV via Ethernet cable instead?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
betwsphil

Sadly I have had to link the tv via ethernet using a netgear couple of "plugs" and the TV now stays connected BUT this has cost me £50. So joining plusnet has cost me money both with this gear and increased telephone charges. When my contract ends I will probably go back to SKY

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from TV to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@betwsphil wrote:

Why does my Sony Bravia tv disconnect from wifi when I switch it off? Other devices remain connected and this only started happening when i left SKY for Plusnet. (Worst decision I ever made)

I note that it's now fixed but I wonder if the problem with the wireless connection is if on your TV settings there's a 'remember wireless password' field or similar that you failed to select when you set it up.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

betwsphil

Hi Baldrick1. Oh how I tried to find such a command. I spent hours going through every part of "Help" on my Bravia but found nothing SO I contacted Sony and spoke to two different "agents" based, I think, in Cairo. Neither could do it even though one of them took control of my TV. In the end i did the ethernet solution so I have even more glowing lights in my house but there you go. Thanks for trying to help

Phil