Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I hate M$, let me count the ways

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Why I hate M$, let me count the ways

It represents an abbreviated form of the list of M$ attempts to make a workable OS.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

would you prefer micro shaft, or M£, or one of the many others?
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

or how about Microsoft !
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I have been using  " Absolute Uninstaller" for a few years now, and never had any problems with it

http://www.glarysoft.com/absolute-uninstaller/

It opens up, and lists all the programs much quicker than the  Control Panel > Programs and Features  route....

here is a quote from the website.

*****************************************************************************************************

Fast and User-Friendly

Absolute Uninstaller starts up faster than Add/Remove program with all appropriate icons of the application loaded and marks recently installed program. so that you can easily find out the application you want to uninstall. You may also look up the application you want through a handy search function.

Variety of Functions

You can uninstall multiple programs at once, searching for apps, remove entries or restore them, change program properties, check program support information, view command line, fix invalid entries automatically, backup and restore uninstall info, and export the program list.

Completely Uninstall

Absolute Uninstaller is a complete program uninstaller that helps you remove programs thoroughly without leaving any invalid remnant to burden your system gradually.

VileReynard
Hero

Does it mend that horrendous mishmash called "the registry"?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@VileReynard  What on earth are you on about now... ?  Linux is Linux,  and Windows is Windows.

If you don`t like Windows.... use linux... and stop whingeing on about it... and grow up. Lips_are_sealed

( i.e. stop trolling ).

VileReynard
Hero

People who don't do backups before major upgrades come to me asking for advice if their Windows fails. I do my best, even though I don't know much about the subject.

BTW Windows 7, 8, 10 seem to be very similar to NT4 - which I used to know a modest amount about.

hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I hate Microsoft because they phone me from India several times a week trying to extort money from me!!

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
VileReynard
Hero

When they phone me, I express mild interest, then leave the phone off-hook.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

@hitchhiker43 wrote:

I hate Microsoft because they phone me from India several times a week trying to extort money from me!!

That one is famous enough to make the Wikipedia list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_confidence_tricks .  Unfortunately people do still get taken-in.  The going rate for a 'fix' and a few years' worth of future 'technical support' is around £200. 

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@ReedRichards wrote:

The going rate for a 'fix' and a few years' worth of future 'technical support' is around £200. 

For "technical support" read "trouble" and for £200, read "as a first instalment of what may be ripped-off out of your account at random future dates".