cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoopee!!!!

Not applicable

Whoopee!!!!

Got to share this 'cos am well pleased.  Grin
Been trying to get my SiS163u wireless card working in Ubuntu. Had got the driver installed but getting the No Hardware Found thing. Googled it to death but no luck.
Downloaded the XP drivers onto a USB stick day or so ago and had another go with Windows Wireless Drivers utility. This time I rooted around and found a Windows '98 .inf driver and bingo - the network manager started to do it's circling bit and I knew straight away that it had triggered something.
Now taken out the USB dongle and it's all up and running.
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Whoopee!!!!

Well done Poppy.....proud of you Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Not applicable

Thanks for that Strat - suppose that I am just showing off really, although you never know, if someone else has the same problem and googles it, my solution might work for them.
Be3G
Grafter

[me=Be3G]glances down the Linux forum board listing, sees all the threads Poppy has started, and wonders if the forum should be renamed... ;)[/me]
Not applicable

Too right! Poppy is now going to retire and shut up, then all the Linux lads can have a rest!    Roll_eyes
Waldo
Grafter

I think you've just earned your first geek stripes there, Poppy.  Cool